Christmas Lights is a seasonal song and a rare one-off single for Coldplay. Directed by Mat Whitecross, the video is designed to look like a single take as we see Coldplay perform on a very theatrical-looking stage on London’s Southbank.
With a very tight turnaround, I became part of the team at the amazingly talented Brewery VFX. I worked on transitions, twinkling lights and the fireworks at the end and I think the video has a an amazingly Christmassy feel without overdoing it.
- Director: Mat Whitecross
- Producer: Hannah Clark
- Prod. Co: Between The Eyes @ Pulse
- Exec. Producer: Ben Pugh
- DP: Robbie Ryan
- Production Designer: Misty Buckley
- VFX Co: The Brewery VFX
- VFX Artists: Marc Knapton, Gus Martinez, Saulo Jamariqueli, Andy Needham
- TK: Simone Grattarola @ Rushes
- Commissioner: James Hackett